Winter is all about snow, ice skating, roaring fires, stews, barbecues, and a range of cold-weather accessories like boots, scarves, gloves, sweatshirts. How can I forget those romantic cuddles under the blanket with your loved one? However, for some people, it also brings anxiety and seasonal mood changes due to cold temperatures and lack of sunlight.
Seasonal mood change is medically known as seasonal affective disorder (SAD). SAD is the extreme case of seasonal mood change while the lesser effect is known as winter blues. Most Americans are affected by this quite depressing problem.
It is said and there is evidence, of course, that CBD can help in reducing the symptoms of SAD. CNBD is extracted from the cannabis plant. Its chemical composition is the same as that of THC. THC is another compound found in the cannabis plant that leaves a psychoactive effect that means it makes a person high. This is because the cannabis plant belongs to the marijuana group.
Therefore CBD products containing THC are illegal and disapproved by FDA in many states. However, if the CBD contains 0.3% or less THC, then it can be used for certain medical ailments. However, don’t expect to see the product in every store. Still, various forms of CBD products are available in the market that is approved by the FDA.
JustCBD is an online store that provides authentic CBD products along with third-party certification. Their products are lab tested, and therefore all of the products are made from the best-obtained cannabis Sativa plants. They have a variety of CBD products like gummies, Capsules, Vape Pens, CBD espectro completo, Bath Bombs & Soap, Vape Cartridges, CBD Oil, Tincture, Isolate, vape Oil, Dog Oil, Honey Sticks & Coconut Oil, topical, and pet treats. Now, the Just CBD gummies are available in vegan and sugar-free form.
Symptoms of SAD
- Lack of energy
- Not sleeping enough (or sleeping too much)
- Loss of interest in any activity
- Changes in appetite
- Sadness and hopelessness
- Inability to focus
How does CBD help in SAD?
- SAD obstructs your circadian rhythm and melatonin production which reduces sleep. CBD helps in getting into a natural sleep cycle and doesn’t leave you with a foggy feeling when you wake up.
- CBD oil is known to reduce the symptoms of anxiety, stress, and depression. Anxiety triggered due to SAD is also decreased with the help of CBD.
- It helps in fighting fatigue because due to SAD a person feels low and sluggish. CBD at low dosage also works as a wake-promoting agent.
Other ways of treating SAD
- Light therapy where the patient is made to sit in front of the light coming out of a box for at least 20 minutes, for a week. It helps to improve the person’s condition.
- Antidepressant medications are also another way of treating SAD. However, these medications can cause side effects like weight gain, headaches, sexual dysfunction, etc.
- Talk therapy where Cognitive-behavioral therapy and interpersonal therapies are used to treat SAD. It helps the patient to understand the root cause of the problem and its impact so that they can work on it.
CBD is available in different forms and different dosages. We all know any kind of mental or psychological disorder can be treated with the help of CBD. However, always consult a doctor before taking any supplement.